Monday, February 23, 2009

God's Peace is Transcendant

Oh man...its so awesome how God manifests himself in such cool ways...He has filled my life with just peace and a desire to know him more. Every time something comes up to make me feel anxious or sad or disappointed or confused, I just go straight to the Word. He has placed that desire on my heart more than it has ever been before.
Culiacan really changed me, and my outlook on a lot of things that have happened in my life. He is the Divine Dictator of every event, and he doesn't leave any of his children alone. My heart was really heavy for all the people who made the decision for Christ in the camps there in Culiacan...I know that they don't have pastors or churches or bible study leaders or anything like that, and I was worried about how their relationships with Christ would grow...But thats just silly of me because their Father is the Creator of this world..he clothes the lillies and feeds the sparrows...how could he ever leave his children alone? He loves them just as much as he loves you and me, and he will provide for their needs. Isn't that AWESOME! How great of a God do we have?
He has been showing me this in my own life as well...I look back to when I first found out my dad was sick, to April 21st when he went home to God, to that fateful day at Mt. Hermon where I first heard about Ventana, to that day when I had all 8,200 dollars raised after three weeks of working and recieving donations...wow! God obviously loves me since he pulled everything together perfectly so I could come to Ventana and learn more about him and draw closer to him and the plan that he has for my life. In the same way, he loves every single person that is on this earth today. That is a really amazing concept...that he can be intricately involved in billions of peoples lives..at the exact same time! WOW! Haha.
I just wanted to share that with you all...its just something God has been reminding me of as I walk through each day. I would love prayer as I try to decide what to do this summer...I have a job opportunity in Santa Cruz, and would love to take it, but also need to pray about just coming home this summer as well. Please pray for wisdom and clarity for me as I work through that. And my Mom and brothers are coming down to visit me on March 6th to 8th...please pray that they can get here safely and that God really ordains this time for us to catch up and really be able to talk about our lives and everything that has been going on.
You guys are all awesome and such big blessings to my life.
Love,
Mikaela Alexander

2 comments:

MBA said...

I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE YOU! LOVE, MOM

Auntie MarMar said...

Mikaela,
GOD IS GREAT!!! Look at how he is working in you and through you!!! I LOVE YOU!!!
Auntie MarMar