Thursday, June 11, 2009

Culture Shift

I am sitting here, slouching is more like it, in a comfy couch in the coffee shop at Mt. Hermon. I cannot believe I am here, planning for our first week of campers. Ventana is over...
It is the weirdest feeling in the world, let me tell you. I miss everyone so much and I am trying to make as smooth a transition as possible into the American culture...and it seems to be doing really well, but that is probably due to the fact that I am at Mt. Hermon, one of the greatest places on earth! I am so blessed to be able to be in full-time ministry here, right after my amazing Ventana experience...I don't have to worry about becoming comfortable and taking steps back. I am able to get into the word everyday...God is so good to me.
My mom flew down to "surprise" me, but I found out...I am smart :) She will be here for the week volunteering on campus, and we will spend our spare moments together. It is really exciting and I can't wait to get her in a big bear hug.
Much love to you all and thank you for reading my blog...it was a blessing being able to share my experiences with everyone who wanted to hear. You all are amazing, beautiful sons and daughters of God, and I am so blessed that He put you all in my life. May He care for and bless you, and may you always know that you are His beloved, and that he always wants the best for you. May you always live near to Him and His heart. God bless!
Mikaela Alexander

No comments: