Saturday, November 8, 2008

Finding God is AWESOME!

WOW! Its going absolutely crazy here in my head! I know that sounds so weird but its what it feels like. God has been revealing so much to me this week...all these things that he has slowly been preparing me for have all of a sudden blasted into my brain with such an incredible force that I have barely had time to process it all. Just looking back on the past two years, seeing all the hardships my family has gone through...its almost been too much. But God has assured me that, even though I have been struggling with bitterness and pain for quite some time, he is so not finished with me yet. I've been a little lost, trying to deal with everything while being gone from my beloved family and supportive friends. And God just spoke directly to my heart, telling me that all I had to do was trust and be obedient; then I would be able to rest in his love again, instead of constantly question him and myself. I was at first confused...how was I even to start on that daunting task? He provided some answers, so I now know that I need to get into the habit of spending time with God just one-on-one, I need to love people more consistantly than I have been, and I need to be open to HIS plans, not MY plans...just to name a few. I would really appreciate prayers on this front, so that I don't lose sight of this vision when life gets harder.

I am just so thankful for Ventana right now, even though its harder now than its ever been. Without this constant studying of the Word and consistent practice of serving joyfully I would not be where I am with Christ. I have alot more to work on, but who doesn't? :) Thanks again to all who have been supporting me! You guys have blessed me!

"not gonna try to lock the door
not gonna fight you anymore
you took your life and gave me yours
there's no reason why
no good reason why
I shouldn't trust you."

~Brandon Heath, singer

4 comments:

Paul and Karen said...

It's good to read about what's been going on for you, Mikeaela. Sounds difficult and powerful. We'll look forward to hearing more from you when you get home SOON.

Auntie MarMar said...

My BEAUTIFUL Mikalea,

GOD is soing such great things with you....and IN you!! You are such an inspiration!!! I think and pray for you often!! We can't wait to see you...looks like we are coming down for Thanksgiving!!! I love you SOOOOOO much!!

Nicole said...

Hey Mikaela,

I can't even put into words how happy I am for you! What you're doing is amazing and you inspire me to be a much better person! I hope you gain as much as possible from this experience - and it definitely sounds like you are! I pray for you everyday and miss you a lot. Hopefully, I will see you during the holidays; I'm sure I will. I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!

P.S. I love the 80s outfit!!!

Nicole <3
Your coolest cousin ever!

Carol Ann Weaver said...

Sounds like He is working! Praying for you! Love Mrs. Weaver