Monday, March 23, 2009

Youth Groups Are So Fun!

Wow! We had nineteen students come down from a church in Arizona this last week, and it was so amazing! This group came despite all the dramatized news about Mexico and all the violent events down here. The group had shrunk drastically in size, so we just got the most dedicated students who really knew that God were calling them down here. And let me tell you, the Holy Spirit moved. I got to meet a couple students that are for sure doing Ventana next year, and that was beyond awesome. I love watching students come and dedicate their weeks to serving the people of Porvenir. God just really likes to begin to put cracks in the walls that they have built around their hearts; walls of pride, or hurt, or just plain selfishness. Its so funny to see them realize that this life is not all about them, but about loving and giving glory to God. Praise the Lord for Camp Ventanas and the ways that they impact people's lives.
Just something for everyone to keep in their prayers...Ventana is continuing to have financial problems, and Doug and Carrie and their boys just really need prayer. They sacrificed everything they had to start this ministry for God, and its been a hard four years trying to get it off the ground. People have been so generous, and really, the Vom Steeg family is continuing to make sacrifices to keep it going, and so are all us students...just pray that Ventana can continue to impact the world by preparing servants and warriors for Christ. I didn't know how unprepared I was for college, for life in general, before I came on this trip, and I know that my faith was so shaken by what happened to Dad, that I might have just become one of the statistics of a Christian youth who lost her faith during her first year in college. Now, I know what I believe in, why I believe it, and how to support my faith with Scripture. Praise God for all the things in my life He has radiacally changed. Lets pray that this kind of change can continue to move through hundreds of other young students through out the years to come! Thanks everybody!
God bless you all, and thank you for keeping up with me on this amazing journey that God has led me through. Wow, God is so GOOD!

2 comments:

Carol Ann Weaver said...

Hey Mikaela! We are going to be in Ensenada in May. Will you still be there?

Mikaela said...

Yeah! When? That would be so fun too see you!