Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Blessed Be His Name

Today, April 21st, 2009, is the one year anniversary of my Daddy's passing. Even though it is a hard day, it is also blessed because I know that exactly a year ago, Bruce Alexander was welcomed into the Kingdom of God, given a new name and a new body, and asked to eat of the tree of life. He has been in heaven for a year, our time, but that constitutes as only a split second of eternity, if even that. How awesome is that, that God would give us that great of a gift. He has invited us to spend forever and ever and ever with him, our Creator. Wow. I can't even begin to tell you the comfort that this mystery brings me on this day. God is so good. Blessed be His name!

So I flew home yesterday and got into Portland at about seven pm. Spencer and Mom met me there and drove me straight home where I surprised the younger boys. Spencer and Mom went into the house and I stayed in the car for about a minute then couldn't wait any longer. I ran up to the door, rang the doorbell then waited as Pearce made his way to the door. He couldn't even speak he was so surprised. It took him about ten seconds to process that I was there, on the doorstep. Then he tackle-hugged me and still didn't say anything. It was just hysterical laughter. Then Isaac ran over and jumped on me and it was crazy and I might have to go get my back checked out at the doctors :) Just kidding. What a beautiful memory that will always be! Thank You, Lord, for bringing me here safely and giving me this time with my beautiful family! Blessed be Your name!

I can't tell you how amazing it is for me to be home, and all the details that were worked out so last minute and so on. God obviously orchestrated this for a reason. Today we are doing several things in remembrance of Dad. We are going to go and visit his grave for a while as a family. That will be lovely since it is such a beautiful day outside. Then we will go to Corvallis High School where we will have a sort of assembly for all the students who knew Dad, and some of their families, etc. We will be giving them oatmeal raisin cookies, which were Dad's favorites. Thanks to Mom's bible study for making those...you guys are so awesome! And then we have a couple other things running around through our heads. We'll see how it all plays out. Its just so nice being here with all my bothers and Mom...we haven't been all together since our vacation to Palm Springs. So yeah, Blessed be the name of the Lord! He is good, and awesome, and majestic, and beautiful and I love him and trust him with my whole life. And he is watching out for my family while I am learning about him. How wonderful it is to serve a God like Him.
Much love!
Mikaela Alexander

No comments: