Thursday, January 1, 2009

Mexico...here I come!

Hey all!
I am here in Palm Springs, and the time is drawing closer to the end of my vacation. The sun is shining--its up in the seventies--and we are all enjoying multiple activities such as golfing, watching football, playing cards, swimming, and watching old movies on TV. My Aunty Marcie, Uncle Shawn, and cousins Danielle and Sam came and visited us for a few days on their way home from their own vacation and that was a whirlwind of fun. Its been so relaxing and beautiful, and the perfect end to my break!
On Saturday, my family and I will leave the condo our good friends the LaBossiers let us stay in, and we will go hang at the bustling outdoor market where my friend and fellow Ventanero, Michaelene, will meet us. From there, I will say my good byes and head over to Michaelene's house until we go to San Diego to meet up with the rest of the group. Then its off to Mexico! We will be in Porvenir (the town we will be actually living in for most of the time) for the first night, and then we will spend a week in Tiajuana. We would REALLY appreciate your prayers for our team since its kind of a dangerous situation down there in TJ.
I am so excited and will miss you all a ton!
Happy New Years! WOOT for 2009!
Love,
Mikaela

No comments: